Monday 6 August 2012

Blue Trail; going for broke today!

Well, once I had finished the Yellow Stroll I grabbed a sandwich and a drink at Liverpool Street Station then off to the drop: City Hall (about a mile or two through The City) and this stroll was 4.4km long; my feet are aching now, as I walked through to Clerkenwell when I was done.  I feel like am doing "The Knowledge" on foot!  Ha ha.

So here are the second group (another 16!)


















This was a much busier route, as the tourists were out in full force!  In addition it was a very touristy spot, what with it being from City Hall to Tate Modern, over to St Paul's via the Millenium Bridge and then back to The Tower of London.

The list goes like this:


  1. Skyline Wenlock
  2. Maritime Wenlock
  3. Southwark Wenlock (should have been Cathedral Wenlock??)
  4. Pirate Wenlock (he was ace++)
  5. Rainbow Wenlock (map of UK on him)
  6. Mandeville (uber cool)
  7. Arty Wenlock (outside Tate Modern, but no time to stop!)
  8. St Paul's Mandeville
  9. Telephone Box Wenlock (one of the best, but took me ages to snap it without hordes of children all over it!)
  10. Sonnet Wenlock
  11. City Gent Wenlock (like the MacDougal flour man & impossible to photograph without loads of kids hanging off him!)
  12. Guildhall Wenlock (swopped from the Giant Wenlock - shame)
  13. Sir Wenlock (brilliant but tricky to find)
  14. Monument Wenlock (virtually impossible to picture before my ascent up the Monument - masses of French schoolkids all around him, then suddenly - none to be seen!)
  15. Ravens Mandeville (swopped place with the next one...)
  16. Beefeater Wenlock (an excellent advert for London & something for you all to remember my trip by)
Missing you all very much.

Tomorrow will be the tour around the City of Westminster and/or Regents Park (George is going to The V&A and I will need to keep a low profile...hehe -dads can be soooo embarrassing)!

Catch you later!


Dad x

No comments:

Post a Comment